Making a video lighter

Dirty Dick 13:33 24 Nov 06

I have a video from my hols that was taken at night on a Sony digital camera. The camera does not have a light, and the video is quite dark. If I run it in Windows Media Player I can VIEW the PREFERENCES and use the VIDEO SETTINGS to change the BRIGHTNESS and CONTRAST, and I can view the video. BUT is there any way of saving these changes?

Thanks

DD

De Marcus™ 13:46 24 Nov 06

Windows movie maker should be ok for this.

Dirty Dick 13:58 24 Nov 06

I've just had a look at Windows Movie Maker, imported the video, but I can't see how to edit the brightness or contrast.

DD

vinnyT 14:09 24 Nov 06

Windows movie maker;

Drag clip to edit on to timeline at the bottom -Tools -Video effects -choose your effect (in this case prob brightness increase) and drag onto clip.

Hope this helps.

De Marcus™ 14:13 24 Nov 06

To brighten it up, look under video effects for this one click here

Dirty Dick 14:24 24 Nov 06

Thanks for your help, I've found how to make the video lighter.

DD

vinnyT 15:28 24 Nov 06

Welcome

David4637 16:47 24 Nov 06

I thought that he wanted to save the brightness changes in WMP not WMM? Is it possible in WMP? David

De Marcus™ 16:56 24 Nov 06

David, Dirty Dick said he could make the changes in WMP so his video was viewable, but wanted to make it permanent, hence the WMM suggestion.

Also, it's quite possible to configure WMP's brightness and contrast settings, but the original video will remain the same.

SLAYER 18:06 24 Nov 06

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…