Making the TV output seting is PAL and NOT NTSC

flyingT- pot 16:14 23 Apr 07

Hi
Thanks to everyone who has been helping me connect my laptop to my telly!
Just one last hurdle. It is appearing in B&W with a dodgy allignment it was suggested that I
"Make sure the TV output seting is PAL and NOT NTSC."
Ive really tried hard to make this happen , I just cant find where I do it

Help! : (

Then I can watch my 4oD peep show!

skidzy 16:51 23 Apr 07

I would consult the tv manual and onscreen display.I would have thought that this would be relatively easy to change.

rodriguez 17:21 23 Apr 07

This does look like an American/Japanese NTSC signal (our TVs are completely different to theirs and can't handle the signal). Usually this is done through the Display properties. Start the computer up with the cable plugged into the TV and right click the desktop and select Properties and your should it should bring up the screen. You should see 2 screens labelled 1 and 2. Select 2 (or the one the TV is using) and go into it's settings and change it from NTSC to PAL-I (PAL-B/G is for other European countries and SECAM is for France so ignore these) and it should come out in the right colour.

Bailey08787 17:31 23 Apr 07

...........and if changing the tv settings doesn't help, i've discovered in the past that a scart connector not fully in at the back can result in a B&W screen - check

flyingT- pot 19:15 23 Apr 07

"This does look like an American/Japanese NTSC signal (our TVs are completely different to theirs and can't handle the signal). Usually this is done through the Display properties. Start the computer up with the cable plugged into the TV and right click the desktop and select Properties and your should it should bring up the screen. You should see 2 screens labelled 1 and 2. Select 2 (or the one the TV is using) and go into it's settings and change it from NTSC to PAL-I (PAL-B/G is for other European countries and SECAM is for France so ignore these) and it should come out in the right colour."

Hi Yes I got this far before but couldnt find that setting!
its like a maze! any other clues to where it might be?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5