MAKING RECOVERY DISKS

eysha1 17:11 PM 11 Mar 13

Hi again, i need to know exactly how to make recovery disks for windows 8 please.

I bought a mouse today, as it somehow disappeared, and now, hopefully, i can do a system restore to see if the mouse returns but - i need to make recovery disks first, not done that before.

The computer is a month old and already problems, oh boy i do get em,lol. thanks in advance.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:30 PM 11 Mar 13

Is this your Samsung NC10?

if so you do it using the Samsung recovery program see my link in your other thread.

lotvic 18:31 PM 11 Mar 13

Is this for your Toshiba Satellite c850-12l Notebook (laptop) that you had trouble with losing the Touchpad function?

eysha1 19:28 PM 11 Mar 13

Apologies, brain not working again. It's the Toshiba that I need the recovery information help with. The Samsung netbook has gone back to the shop.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:40 PM 11 Mar 13

Touchpad is enabled / disabled by Fn+F5 on this model

Recovery disks are made from the Recovery media program that should be found on the Program list.

eysha1 19:54 PM 11 Mar 13

Lost Fruit-Bat. I can find recovering win 7 files but I am sure that is not it. Win 8 is new to me and still lost, can you direct me please? I want to make a recovery DVD. Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:23 PM 11 Mar 13

Here is how to create recovery media for a Toshiba for both windows 7 and 8 (scroll down for 8

Once you have the media then the following is how to recover a defective Toshiba if needed

On machines that ship with Windows 8, holding the '0'-key during boot should take you to the Advanced Startup Options screen rather than directly to the recovery utility.

However, you can choose "Reset your PC" under the Troubleshooting option to access the recovery utility.

Have a look here

eysha1 20:35 PM 11 Mar 13

Very many thanks Fruit-bat, I so appreciate your help-as always. This is a great forum.

Secret-Squirrel 08:31 AM 12 Mar 13

"...and now, hopefully, i can do a system restore to see if the mouse returns but - i need to make recovery disks first..."

Just in case there's any confusion, restore disks return the laptop back to how it was when it left the factory and are not used for a Windows System Restore. In case you missed the link I posted on your other thread last Sunday, here it is again.

It also worth mentioning that the longer you leave it, the less chance there'll be of an available restore point that pre-dates the problem with your touchpad so you need to act sooner rather than later.

eysha1 13:27 PM 13 Mar 13

Very man thanks, I have made the recovery disks now but it says to use win+c and in fact that is wrong - it is win+f that works.

Now to make recovery disks for my vista.I hope that is easy to do.

Questions, can I install my win 8 on both my machines legally? Or do I have to stick to the vista version? when is vista going out and no longer supported?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay