Making programs available for both users

DANZIG 07:51 16 May 03

I run Windows XP. The way my system is set up is that has two users on the log in screen (Myself and my girlfriend). The problem is this - I am the main user of the PC and I have to install everything and whatnot. Nost of the games and programs I install are accessible by both users in their own respective areas, however some of them aren't, how can I ensure that all games are accessible by both users or even pick and choose which ones are. I have to go to work soon so I'll respond to any responses later. Thanks

BBez 08:01 16 May 03

you could logon with your girl's account, right click the start button, select "explore" which will take you to her start menu then right click in the window, select new shortcut and browse to the executable you want to link to e.g. c:\program files\ahead\nero.exe.

Or in windows explorer, browse to documents and settings then "your account folder or administrator folder", select the shortcuts you want everyone to have access to and copy them to the "all users" start menu folder which should make them avcailable to anyone who logs on...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…