Making printer print

timestar 12:10 18 Nov 08

I am working from home and need to print a document. The printer - Epson Stylus C420 - can print in black or colour. The black cartridge has run out completely although the colour cartridge is 2/3 full. Even though there is colour ink, the printer won't let me print anything, even when I change font colour in the document to say all blue or all red. Is there anyway I can bypass this setting to "make" the printer print?

pj123 12:26 18 Nov 08

No. You need to replace the black cartridge.

john.adam 12:27 18 Nov 08

It will not start printing until you refill the black cartfidge. This not happen only with Epson but mostly other companies printers also have the same functions. The better you refill your black cartridge and start working.

John

pj123 12:31 18 Nov 08

BTW there isn't an Epson Stylus C420 listed?

Do you mean C40 or C20?

timestar 12:40 18 Nov 08

Oops - Epson Stylus C42UX

pj123 11:58 19 Nov 08

Here you go. Good prices for replacement compatible cartridges for the C42UX.

click here

Covergirl 12:39 19 Nov 08

. . . . as I'm not sure whether the C42 carts are chipped or not, but I used to use the software "SSC Service Utility" to reset the ink counters on a Stylus 680.

click here for a link to Softpedia and links to a download for it. Mind you don't get the Russian version !

You can often find a "chip resetter tool" in Woolies, Wilkos or other stationery shops which is a hardware product that does the job for you.

However, it would be best to fill your black ink up first. Refills and carts are cheap enough and if you buy compatibles they will be even cheaper.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac