making picture files smaller

SALLY S 23:05 28 Jun 05

recently had some pictures taken and the file sizes were all big - around 6mb. File format was JPEG.

I reduced them using photoshop by doing image size, save as etc then selecting image quality and they came down to 165k approx which was acceptable.

There were about 100 photos so it took rather a long time. Could I have done it any quicker or maybe reduced all files in the folder at once ?

Sally S

User-312386 23:14 28 Jun 05

Microsoft has its own powertool called image resizer click here to download it. Look on the right hand side of the page for ImageResizer.exe

Install it and now go into your pictures, select them all (Ctrl + A) and right click and now there is now an option to "Resize pictures" all at once

I use it all the time

hssutton 09:28 29 Jun 05

As you are using PS why not create an action to batch process, it's very easy to do.

click here

click here

hssutton 09:30 29 Jun 05

Forgot to add, the second "click here" is for a stand-alone freeware resizer prog.

SALLY S 13:23 30 Jun 05

How to Batch Resizing Photos in Photoshop 6.0 - yes this works thankyou very much

sally s

Indigo 1 14:13 30 Jun 05

Added to My Postings for reference,

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…