Making photos smaller to send by email

mrt 23:49 18 Apr 03

I have taken very high quality photos of a new baby to email to family. But unfortunately that means they are huge. I know there is a way to send them smaller and for them to be opened at the other end in their original format. They are jpegs. Can anyone help? I use Windows ME and Outlook.

Thanks

monkeyshine 23:53 18 Apr 03

jpgs shouldn't be huge, that is the most common form for email. Are you sure the originals are not Bmp's or tiff's?

woody 23:56 18 Apr 03

A lot of graphic edit prog will resize down but you do lose some quality.You have a prog in ME (paint?) i do not use me but have you tried it?
Failing that try paint shop pro free on some mag CD

GANDALF <|:-)> 01:24 19 Apr 03

photoresizer is all you need and it is free.......click here.

G

howard60 07:14 19 Apr 03

word open a word document and go to insert - picture - from file - browse to it, highlight and click ok. photo is now in the word doc. save as word doc and attache as e-mail. This works for me.

anchor 08:29 19 Apr 03

As Gandalf says, photoresizer will do the job.

However, Irfanview will also do this, plus it`s a pretty good all round photo programme; and its free!.

click here

Don`t forget to save the smaller picture with a different name to the original.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…