making phone calls

conrail 20:24 20 May 04

using xp, broadband and a headset/microphone, is it possible to make phone calls to landlines and mobiles within the uk and international calls?

Charence 22:25 20 May 04

I know that it is possible to make phonecalls to landlines and probably mobiles as well. You'll need special software to do this though and it will cost you to phone anybody. Different companies have different rates so I'd suggest you search for a good deal.

You could also consider Instant Messenging which offers TEXT, VOICE and VIDEO conversations between multiple users. There are many programs such as MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, PalTalk, ICQ, etc.

Charence

conrail 10:27 26 May 04

bump

byfordr 10:53 26 May 04

click here has free voip, I believe they are expanding it for normal telephone calls but at a cost. click here

R

Stuartli 13:25 26 May 04

Skype has been praised for the high quality of its transmissions though I've not tried it myself.

I did post a thread query about it when it was first launched but, of course, it's now disappeared into a black hole.

Confab 13:36 26 May 04

This is what you want

click here

Confab

conrail 13:42 26 May 04

thanks Confab, that is what I was looking for, will give it a try

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…