Making PC CD-R/DVD Player Region Free

webber_man 19:42 15 Jan 04

I have a laptop which has a Toshiba DVD Rom SD R2312. I buy DVD's from both here in the UK and Canada and so naturally want to watch them.

I currently have all 4 changes left as i have only played Region 1 DVD's so far.

Can someone tell me what firmware i need to change my drive so it's region free or is there any software that does this?

Thanks

Big Elf 19:51 15 Jan 04

Some forum members have recommended this click here

Demora 21:20 15 Jan 04

First make sure the dvdrom is not fixed. I cannot do anything about the one in My Toshiba its not firmware upgradeable try here click here A little program called drive info.

Demora

Mike ® 22:42 15 Jan 04

DO a google for Toshiba SD R2312 rpc1, there appears to be an updated firmware for your drive to make it region free (rpc1). Bear in mind that you will be updating your drives firmware, which may work or may result in something that is scrap.

webber_man 13:53 17 Jan 04

for the responses.

Has anyone used DVD Region Killer? If so does it work well or bugger up the drive?!! I'd rather use a programme like this if possible rather than messing around with firmware etc. as that not only looks too complicated but it seems that if it's not done correctly you could kill the drive for good.

grw44 16:23 17 Jan 04

AnyDVD from SLYSOFT.COM will do what you need.

webber_man 17:32 17 Jan 04

and the rest.

I have downloaded and installed DVD Region Free and it works! It works out about £22 which isn't bad when you consider that not only does it work but also i haven't had to spend time fiddling with the bios/firmware - or messed the drive up completely rendering it useless!

click here - i'm using the free trial at the moment but will certainly purchase!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…