Making O/S back up discs Windows Vista

policepistolone 13:58 25 Sep 08

Can anyone help I have just bought a Fujitsu Amilo LI 2727 I am still learning my way around. The O/S is Vista Home Basic when I start up the program I get a window offering 1 chance only to burn onto cds the operating/instalation system in case I ever have meltdown. The problem is that I have never done this before as my old desktop never had this facillity and I can not afford to make a mistake as you only get once chance at it,I would be very grateful if some one could talk me through the steps I need to do to complete this task
Thanks in advance
Policepistolone

tullie 14:27 25 Sep 08

Just follow the instructions,its easy.

Sea Urchin 14:39 25 Sep 08

As tullie says the system will lead you step by step through the process - the secret is to take it slowly (read each step and follow instructions) and have your blank disks ready beside you. Before you know it you'll be the proud owner of a set of recovery disks.

Pineman100 17:42 25 Sep 08

Yes, the wizard should lead you by the hand. Just be sure to label each CD or DVD very carefully in order, using a proper CD marker pen - nothing else.

And don't use rewritable media. They can be troublesome.

mgmcc 20:37 25 Sep 08

Although it is a "one-time-only" procedure, it should actually *VERIFY* the disks that have been created before locking you out of the disk creation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…