making an online store

SumKindaMonster 20:21 19 Apr 04

hey i was wondering how i would make a store for my website that customers pay using paypal as my bands debut album will be finished and im wanting to sell it via the website for a small charge tpo cover costs etc

anyone know how i would do this?

gplatt2000 22:16 19 Apr 04

Hi. OK just a suggestion - rather than actually set up a PayPal account (although I cant see this being too difficult?), there is a site who will sell your CD and take care of all paymets, they take a small amount of the money or a one-off fee (not sure which/how much). SOrry Im being vague, Ill find out more details once I get the link off a friend whose CD is on there, just thought Id let you know whilst I remeber!

Ill get back to you soon 00:44 20 Apr 04

quite easy to set up a pay pal shopping cart. They take a percentage and do the work. All you have to do is put the HTML on your site.

Good luck, Whiz...

Forum Editor 07:06 20 Apr 04

about PayPal, and that's the fact that they won't pay money into any account that has a different name to the one on the Paypal account. That means that if, when you set up the Paypal account (which costs nothing to do by the way) you do it in the name of your band you'll need to have a bank account in that name too. Otherwise you should set the account up in the name of the individual whose bank account you'll be using.

SumKindaMonster 17:26 20 Apr 04

yeah i already ahve a personal; paypal account i as just wondering how to use it

Forum Editor 18:54 20 Apr 04

all you need to do is generate 'Buy now' buttons which you can place on your site. These will be automatically generated for you by the PayPal site, and will contain all the information necessary to link directly to a payment page on the PayPal server. There your customers can pay for the CD and the money will be credited to your PayPal account. You can transfer it to your bank account by logging into payPal in the normal way. 01:03 21 Apr 04

is to upgrade to a business account (still free). This gives you the options FE mentions as well as letting you create three different display pages when people pay. e.g. I have one custom page for my bricabrac site, one for my woodbuy site, and the normal one for ebay. You can change the button HTML to point at whichever headed page you want when visitors make payments. Any images you use though, must be on a secure server, to stop the warning pop up.

Cheers, Whiz...

gplatt2000 17:10 21 Apr 04

hi, just found the site I was on about again - click here . but I think you're probably best off just doig what others have said and putting some buttons on your site.

Icemanrik 16:12 04 May 04

Hey guys, I am setting a website shop up and want to be able to sell products by credit or switch card and not through paypal, any ideas?

Thanks for your help

Riko 23:09 04 May 04

that if you dont use a company like paypal you have to have a merchant banking account to accept credit card payments. I may be wrong though.

Forum Editor 23:52 04 May 04

There are other options, but start your own thread please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…