making a music cd or dvd

daisy2bell 13:17 31 Dec 06

I wish to make a music cd, but instead of using a cd I want to burn to a dvd.
Every time I try it tells me only CD's can be used. I am using Roxio easy media creator.
Is there any way around this.
Thanks

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:43 31 Dec 06

have you got a DVD writer in your computer?

G

Totally-braindead 13:48 31 Dec 06

Does your version of Roxio allow you to create DVDs assumming you have a DVD writer?

Bobnik 14:46 31 Dec 06

If you try adding MP3 or WMA files to your DVd disk instead of CDA or WAV then you may be able to burn the disk. A DVD with CDA or WAV will not usually play on a CD or DVD player.

daisy2bell 15:14 31 Dec 06

Thanks guys. What I have got is a:
HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GWA-4083B,
and I was trying to add mp3's.
The Roxio that I have is a free version. Are there any other FREE utilities that would do CD's and DVD's
Thanks

Giant68 15:38 31 Dec 06

I use Deepburner Free from click here
As easy to use as any of the others and, to my amazement, runs happily on Vista!

Happy New Year!
Giant68

Hertz Van Rentyl 15:57 31 Dec 06

With Nero you have to select CD or DVD in a dropdown before proceeding. Could this be your trouble with the Roxio.

eedcam 22:53 31 Dec 06

If you want to make aproper job with menus etc., try Audio dvd creator nota freebie but well worth it

Strawballs 01:44 01 Jan 07

click here I have Nero premium 7 but I tend to use this one the most, easy to use and despite it's name will do DVD's

daisy2bell 07:24 01 Jan 07

Thanks Giant,Hertz Van Rentyl and Strawballs.
I have downloaded "Deepburner" and it worked fine.
Have tried the dropdown in Roxio, but will not work.
Have saved the link to CD burner XP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…