Making Money From A Website

antony.dandrea 18:35 PM 13 Jun 11

Hi there.

I have been building a website which I am hoping to get online by the end of the month. It is basically an information site (that is what the web was originally about after all :P) that has articles and facts about the Universe.

Anyway, it is more of a little side project since I have finished University for the summer so it isn't anything serious but I was wondering about what is the best way to make a little return. Namely through advertising.

My immediate thought would be Google Adsense. How does this work? Is it worth it?

Also is there anything else that is better or matches? That would perhaps make a better return?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

wiz-king 20:14 PM 13 Jun 11

Just put 'website advertising' onto the search box on here

Condom 23:20 PM 13 Jun 11

Contact Blackberry as they seem to be EVERYWHERE I go!!!

Forum Editor 23:23 PM 13 Jun 11

Transferred to Webdesign from Speakers Corner.

Milford Haven 13:39 PM 17 Jun 11

Adsense is fine if you get enough traffic. In fact the same is true for any kind of advertising. You may want to consider becoming and affiliate. As mentioned before a search for this will do the job.

Good Luck though...

Ansolan 22:12 PM 18 Jun 11

My immediate thought would be Google Adsense. How does this work? Is it worth it?

If you are seeing several thousand visitors a month, possibly. In general, better to build a following for a site and then subtly monetise. The other way round can be self defeating.

Forum Editor 23:15 PM 18 Jun 11

Take heed of what Ansolan has said - he's absolutely right.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED