Making a (Microsoft) Photostory cd or dvd

RD9 00:34 08 Dec 07

I have used Microsoft's Photostory 3 - downloaded free from the Microsoft site - to make a collection of holiday pics with background music. I have Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD, but am unable to make a disc that will play on a DVD player. Can anyone suggest suitable software, preferably cheap?

C3 01:53 08 Dec 07

Use Windows Movie Maker.

Import the finished Photostory movie file, then you can finish the project in Movie Maker by putting it onto CD or DVD which should be able to be played on a normal DVD player.

BT 08:15 08 Dec 07

Unfortunately Windows Movie maker doesn't do DVDs.
I usually make the 'movie' file to play on the computer from Photostory 3. It will then import as a Video into most video making programs.
Pinnacle Studio
NeroVision
Ulead VideoStudio
Cyberlink Powerdirector
All these work and will make DVDs

BT 08:18 08 Dec 07

Lots of PhotoStory/MovieMaker info and tutorials here:-
click here

Technotiger 08:41 08 Dec 07

Try this Free one click here don't be put off by the title, it also does DVD's.

eedcam 08:57 08 Dec 07

BT you can export in dv-avi from windows movie maker that will then burn in any of the editing software .You can even export as WMV and burn that with some of the freeware programmes such as dvd flick
RD9 you might even find your existing files will burn with Flick
click here

C3 18:04 08 Dec 07

Yeah, my mistake. I was looking on my HP Machine in which Windows Movie Maker does allow you to burn DVD movies, but only by using plug in software from Sonic Solutions.

Just checked it on my own XP Pro machine and there is no option to burn to DVD.

Bagsey 18:20 08 Dec 07

If you want to burn DVD with Photo story you can download a plug in costs abot £10.00 and worth every penny. Get it from click here

RD9 15:24 14 Dec 07

Thanks a lot for everyone's help. I tried several of the suggested applications and finally settled for Bagsey's suggestion, which cost £10, but is terrific because it plugs straight into Photo story - a brilliant program.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant