Making a member only pay section in your website

Newandlearning 15:40 PM 19 Apr 10

Hi Forum,

I was hoping someone could give me some advice on this.

I run a small business (i.e. it's just me!) writing funding applications and that sort of thing for other small businesses. I have a fairly basic website that I update myself.

People pay me for some documents. They all pay me for the same documents. But at the moment they give me a cheque and then I email the documents to them.

What I would like to do is post them on my website so my customers simply pay my fee online, log in to a members area and download the documents from there. This would save me the time of having to keep track of who has paid me, banking cheques and who I have or haven't sent the documents to!

I know there is some online billing solution companies who can help you do this - a google search came up with ccbill - but I know nothing about them or indeed how easy it is to set up. I can't afford to pay a webdesigner but I guess some of the payment solutions take a 'cut' of the transactions (which is fine).

Any advice much appreciated.

Newandlearning 16:09 PM 21 Apr 10

Thanks for the quick reply.

The forms quickly go out of date (maximum of a month or two) so stealing them and then selling them on isn't a huge issue.

I've had a look around the paypal website and it doesn't seem to do exactly what I need - in tems of creating a members area - unless I'm missing something(?).

If anyone has any other ideas that would be great :-)

Bebee 16:49 PM 24 Apr 10

It depends what you use to create the site. I use NOF and have created a members area of the site which requires a login to enter.

The tools to do this are part of the program.

I can then create a shop and payment process within this using something like Paypal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Lumia 950 vs Lumia 950 XL: What's the difference between Lumia 950 & 950 XL?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Medium's new logo was designed

iPad Pro vs iPad Air 2 comparison: Which of Apple's flagship iPads is best for you?