Making HTML Emails with graphics and Links

ajm 22:06 03 Oct 03

I receive a lot of emails from companies like Evesham and EuropePC that have emails with graphics embedded onto them and links and pictures, and so on.

Simple question: How can i also send one out to people. are there specialsed software that can help me do that?

powerless 22:25 03 Oct 03

Insert > Picture

Copy and paste the link into the email and it will become a hyperlink OR Insert Hyperlink...

Or do you want the webpage type email thing?

ajm 22:35 03 Oct 03

sorry if the posting wasnt clear. Yes, i want the webpage type email thing.

powerless 22:43 03 Oct 03

Well to do it in OE...

File, new, mail message.

Format, tick - Rich Text (HTML)

View, tick - Source Edit.

Then click, Source (at the bottom)

Now here is where you would paste in the HTML code.

Click preview to view how your email looks.

However the person who recieves the email must have HTML view ON to view the email in which you intend it to be viewed. Otherwsie if they do not there just get the text and only text.

Someone else will tell you better and a product that would help you produce the email. - More specifically.

MAJ 00:26 04 Oct 03

There's not really a lot more to say, Powerless has said it all I think. To insert a picture in your email, click in the main body of the email and choose Insert > Picture from the toolbar.

If you want to make that picture into a hyperlink so that it takes your recipient to a specific web page, click on the inserted picture and choose Insert > Hyperlink from the toolbar, then enter the URL of the webpage in the little box and click OK.

If you want to make a word or phrase a hyperlink e.g "Visit the PCAdvisor help room", first highlight that phrase and go to Insert > Hyperlink and enter the URL of PC Advisor into the little box and click OK. Now when your recipient clicks on "Visit the PCAdvisor help room", they will be taken there.

There's no need to go to the Source tab and do it in HTML.

If you want something specific, ajm, let us know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…