making a ghost executable floppy disk

acein1 07:47 10 Nov 04

i have "ghost" installed,but i believe it should be run from a floppy disk,all i want to do is make a copy of "drive c to drive d",there are no partitions on either drive (drive c 80gb, drive d 40gb),so my question is how do i make a "ghost executible floppy disk",is it just as simple as ,"right click on "ghost" and send to floppy",will it fit on a floppy,many thanks

Diodorus Siculus 08:03 10 Nov 04

You should have a program called "norton ghost boot wizard" installed in the ghost folder. Simply run that one and it will take you through the steps.

acein1 08:21 10 Nov 04

i have norton ghost wizzard there are 4 options
1ghost boot disk
2peer to peer
3drive mapping
4c/d /dvd,
no mention of "ghost executible", i may be having a senior moment, i have allready made a "ghost boot disk",this not the same as "executable disk",or am i missing something,any more help welcome

Diodorus Siculus 08:43 10 Nov 04

As far as I can tell, the boot disk will run Ghost - that, at least, is how I use it. I simply boot with the ghost boot disk and it loads Ghost.

Then I can restore a partition from an image or create an image.

My "senior moment" has me asking what is the "ghost executible" that you want? What is its purpose?

click here for a guide to ghost.

acein1 20:43 10 Nov 04

i have "ghost2003",i have made a copy of my "c" drive to my "d"drive, it looks identical to me,but ive being told that i should use "ghost" from a floppy (hence my asking about ghost executable) can someone please tell me 1,is the copy that i have made in windows going to be ok if my "c drive" goes bellyup,2,has there being a change to "ghost2003",that makes this more usable,against "ghost2002",where you had to use the floppy to do the same thing many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…