Making flyers/posters

1260 pete 19:33 09 Dec 06

I have just set up my own taxi business and insteaed of spending a fortune on printing i decided to upgrade my pc etc and do my own but i would like to know what is the best program for making flyers etc i want to get 2 out of one a4 sheet if you know what i mean

Stuartli 19:35 09 Dec 06

You can/could do it in Word, Publisher etc in Landscape mode.

Create the first side and then copy it on the other half.

Obviously you would need to use a sharp knife or trimmer to create the two individual flyers per A4 sheet.

Totally-braindead 19:39 09 Dec 06

The way Stuartli described it is probably the way I would choose to do it. A cheap paper trimmer is less than a tenner but if its an inkjet you are using and theres quite a lot of printing it may work out quite pricey. Only you could really answer that one as you're the one who'll be designing and printing it and choosing the print settings. For flyers I'd try the draft mode first as its quicker and uses less ink and see if its acceptable.

1260 pete 19:50 09 Dec 06

The printer is a Epson gx5000 and seems quite good to me, but i don,t think i have word can i download it from anywhere and also can i add pictures?

Stuartli 20:05 09 Dec 06

AbiWord is supposed to be similar to Microsoft Word:

click here

It's freeware.

Stuartli 20:07 09 Dec 06

This is where I originally heard about AbiWord IIRC:

click here

MaxUpload 20:11 09 Dec 06

If it is something not too complicated to use and "free" you could do worse than look at PagePlus.

You can get it from click here

It will create quite professional looking flyers with a bit of practice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…