making firefoxdefault mail instead of exp

johnnyrocker 13:12 01 Jan 14
Answered

happy new year to all, my question is simple in that could someone with more knowledge than i let me know how to do the above please?

johnny

johnnyrocker 18:16 02 Jan 14

i take it that my question has no resolution judging by the lack of response?

thanks for looking anyway those that did

johnny

lotvic 18:21 02 Jan 14

Perhaps we are puzzled as Firefox and Internet Explorer are not email client programs. They are Web Browser programs.

johnnyrocker 21:24 02 Jan 14

having had a look regarding this there dos not seem to be an option as suggested above, the reason for needing to do this is any updates etc open explorer to link to as opposed to firefox. thanks for the tips so far

johnny

Woolwell 21:46 02 Jan 14

OS?

lotvic 00:23 03 Jan 14
Answer

If XP then:

Start,- Set Program Access and Defaults,- Custom, - and make your choices.

or in Control Panel, - Add/Remove programs, - and on the left choose: Set Program Access and Defaults,- Custom, - and make your choices.

alanrwood 11:53 03 Jan 14

Windows updates will not work in Firefox so you will still need to do them in Internet Explorer (I believe there may be a workaround but why waste time as IE does it perfectly well).

If you want Firefox to be the default browser go to Tools\Options\Advanced\General tab and the option to make FF the default is at the bottom. MS updates however will still come through using IE.

Woolwell 14:05 03 Jan 14

alanrwood - Why would you use a browser for Windows updates? Are you thinking of XP?

johnnyrocker 18:08 03 Jan 14

my thanks for the suggestions which i shall try tonight. apologies for not posting enough information OS is XP s/p3

johnny

isca2 19:24 03 Jan 14

Alanrwood..of course updates work in Firefox. Have been updating trouble free for years via Firefox. What makes you say that ?

isca2 19:29 03 Jan 14

PS..what I meant was that it makes no difference as to the browser when doing windows updates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced