making dvds which software?

holly polly 20:28 01 Apr 04

Hi brother wants to convert a film his ex army chums have sent him ,only thing is it is a avi format and he wants to con vert to dvd ,someone told him you have to convert to mpeg then to vob files and then burn as a dvd from there ,is this the right procedure and if so which software/programs does he require?-regards-hol pol....

arricarry 20:40 01 Apr 04

Hello - Nero 6 will do it all, but is a bit expensive. I am sure there will be other suggestions from people with some experience of this process

there was a 30 day trial of nero 6 on the may issue of pc advisor issue 106

also try click here for a trial download

arricarry 21:01 01 Apr 04

Just thought, have you got the hardware required to do this operation.

SimonC 21:02 01 Apr 04

I use Cucusoft Avi To VCD DVD SVCD Converter, which he can get at click here (shareware) and then he needs IfoEdit v0.96 to create the vob files from click here (freeware) and then I use Nero, but there are other proggys that do the task!.
Hope this helps, all the best-
SimonC

holly polly 21:09 01 Apr 04

hi comp spec is pentium 4 2.2 gig ,120 gig and 80 gig hd 512 ddr ram ,lg dvd burner and msi cddrw -hol pol...

SimonC 21:12 01 Apr 04

Thats more than adequate-hol pol...

QQAA 21:31 01 Apr 04

have come acrossed this webpage click here introduced by someone in a previous message thread long ago.

basically, the site-suggested tools required for your objective are:

Freeware "VirtualDub" - separates the video and sound streams in the AVI file for further processing.

Shareware "TMPGEnc Plus" - converts the AVI file into MPEG-2 (DVD) format.

Shareware "Nero Burning ROM" - burn the MPEG-2 files to DVD Disc and enjoys watching on television.

holly polly 16:15 11 Apr 04

now use cucosoft problem resolved -hol pol....

Mr-C 16:44 11 Apr 04

Might be wrong but doesnt Uleads DVD movie factory 2 convert avi to dvd.

toni b 21:23 24 Jan 05

for my next project

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…