Making a DVD how do I add an advert?

Internetwhizzkid 14:01 11 Mar 07

Hi,

To make a bit of money I have started to make dvds of videos and photos from families albums etc. Now to promote what I can do is there anyway I can make a little advert at the start of the DVD. So when they put it in the DVD player it says this DVD is brought to you by whatever and then a little image and animation. Does anyone know of any software that will enable me to do something like that. Please dont say Windows Movie maker. I dont have it for some reason.

I hope someone can help me

Thanks
Ben

silverous 14:52 11 Mar 07

How are you making the DVDs?

With most PC-based video editing software you can insert images and do transitions and put title text in so you could make a short sequence to put at the start with one of those?

GroupFC 15:04 11 Mar 07

Are you sure that you don't have Movie Maker, as this would be ideal for what you want? I thought it was a automatically installed with SP2 (or is my memeory playing tricks on me again!) - see click here

To see if you have do a search for "moviemk.exe", without the quote marks.

Belatucadrus 15:11 11 Mar 07

click here Autorun actionflash

click here Quick Menu Builder

David4637 14:38 12 Mar 07

WMM is no good,it will not export the right file type (*.VOB) to burn to DVD, so it can be viewed on a standalone DVD Player. David

silverous 15:05 12 Mar 07

Doesn't need to be a VOB file, you just need some software that puts .AVI or .WMV or whatever onto DVD.

FYI, in Vista the WMM has an option to publish to DVD which launches Windows DVD Maker to do the entire thing.

GroupFC 15:10 12 Mar 07

No I agree but it can be saved as an .avi and imported into whatever program Ben is using to make the DVDs and added in that way, without too much difficulty ( I have done it to make introductions and credits to a number of slideshows I have created - also using MM2!).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…