Making a DVD

devilsprofessor 10:22 27 Apr 03

Hi everyone!
Ok I'm so new to copying dvds I feel hisitoric!
I have Roxio Easy CD Creator 5, a dvd writer, some 4.7gb dvds.
I have the film Blue Crush on cd in xvid format and some other films in .avi format.
How do I make theses onto dvd disk and play in a dvd player (well playstaion 2 in my case)
Thanks alot!

rickf 10:33 27 Apr 03

You can't use roxio to do this because the films are commercial ones and the files are protected. You need a speacial programme ,something like dvd x copy to decode and burn. The situation at present, and it is debatable, is that you are allowed one backup copy of your owned dvds. This is the state of play going through the legal process at the moment in the states between 321 studios, the developer of the mentioned software and the big Hollywood studios.

devilsprofessor 10:57 27 Apr 03

And how easy is it to do?

rickf 14:26 27 Apr 03

dvdxcopy from click here Its very easy to use.

crx16 15:05 27 Apr 03

the only function of dvdXcopy is to record from one dvd to another,as you already have a compressed file that has already got around the copyright issue,all you need to do is convert to MPEG2 with nero/myDVD/EZCD.

dvdXcopy takes about 45mins to copy a disc.

converting from avi to MPEG2 (nero etc)will probably take about 10 hours.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…