Making a database?

ajay.phull 18:49 04 Jul 07

Hi, I am planning on launching a new site. I want to incorporate a database/query to allow users of the site to be able to search for particular things.

The best example I could find was:

click here

excluding the more complex post code search, and sticking to the more general 'full-time' or 'part-time'. Can anyone suggest any tutorials or software to help me do this?

Thank you in advance.

IntoPCs 22:40 04 Jul 07

would be a starting point, they are free - just google them. It is quite a steep learning curve if you have never done anything like this before, but there are loads of tutorials available online.
Good luck!

beynac 09:12 05 Jul 07

I agree that PHP and MySQL is your best bet. If you decide to go this route, have a look at XAMPP (click here). This is far easier than installing the programs individually.

I would also recommend the book: "PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites" by Larry Ullman.

ajay.phull 14:56 05 Jul 07

Hey thanks for the replies. I have been researching around, and like 'IntoPCs' said, it looks like a fairly steep learning curve compared to what I have done in the past.

Am I correct in saying that the database would run in the back, the the search box is just a front to run a query (like that in access). I was hoping for a simple tutorial online, but I suppose there is no such thing as a simple tutorial for a complex system!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…