Making CD Covers

geekygirl 23:45 30 May 05

Can anyone tell me a program which lets you type text to make a CD cover? I am trying to list contents of a CD and when I print the cover it prints the correct size. Thanks.

Pooke100 23:51 30 May 05

do you have nero?

there's a component called nero cover designer....

geekygirl 00:11 31 May 05

I did try that - I get an error message saying "unexpected file format?" I think the document is a wordpad doc.

Sans le Sou 00:12 31 May 05

Whats the question again, sorry I do not understand.

geekygirl 00:17 31 May 05

I want to make a CD cover, and resize it to the correct size using text information rather than a picture. Does anyone know a program which will let me do this?

Sans le Sou 00:27 31 May 05

You cannot import a word doc into nero cover designer but you can actually type your text in it. You can insert a picture or something and type over it. The templates will be the correct size. The other way is to create a custom sized page in Word if you have it and then it will print it the right size. It would be easier to use nero.

Pooke100 00:51 31 May 05

in the menu go to object, insert, then text box.

draw the text box...

that is enlarge it by dragging it and then double click and you can enter your text and format it.

hth, i basically tried it and typed what I did as I did it. I very rarely use this program.

Sapins 09:10 31 May 05

If you print out a self adhesive label for a CD remember not to play it in a car CD Player, the rollers will eventually start to peel off the label and jam everything up, then the player will be totally ruined.

JYPX 14:36 31 May 05

geekygirl - I also wanted something very simple indeed. I did a google search for cd cover template. The second option was click here Scroll down the page and you will find a link to a very simple word document which is a template for a cd booklet, front and back. Ideal for text.

GroupFC 15:36 31 May 05

For reference!

Pesala 15:53 31 May 05

Use a DTP program like Serif Page Plus SE from click here. It will give you greater flexibility to mix text and graphics, and resize it to the size you want. There are templates with the free program, but not CD templates. It is easy to make your own templates for CD inserts or sticky labels.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…