Making the best of a bad job

alexgray104 22:15 20 Oct 06

Hello,
I have an old Packard Bell iMedia desktop PC which has recently had a fresh install of Windows XP Media Center Edition. The trouble is, the graphics are extremely poor. It has an onboard Intel 82810 graphics chip which runs word/text based internet o.k but suffers on internet flash games and won't run proper games at all. The motherboard doesn't have an AGP slot, just 6 PCI Slots, one of which has a soundcard in it. (not PCI Express). I downloaded the "latest" drivers from Intel but they appear to be lower than the ones bundled with MCE!! Is there any graphics drivers beyond 6.13.1.3198?? I can't find any decent graphics card to fit a PCI slot. Anyone have any ideas on how to improve graphics performance??

Jomi 22:23 20 Oct 06

The graphics chip is no longer made by intel, it quite old and like many 'onboard' graphics it's really not up to the job for modern games.

alexgray104 22:32 20 Oct 06

O.K Thanks, and for the prompt reply. It was given to me by a friend after she upgraded. Bit of an oversight by Packard Bell to get a motherboard without even a AGP slot... It is gonna be one for the kids but you know how they want to play the latest medal of honour etc, like to see them try on a 82810! Looks like I'll have to get another comp for them and then look at a decent graphics card for it, should be able to salvage some stuff from this though hopefully. Anyway, sorry for rambling on, Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac