making a back up of data on cd

ronalddonald 20:18 10 Jun 08

Hi and hello.

Could someone out there tell me what type of disc do need to make a back up disc for sage and word that i can rewrite over when i mak echanges to the data.

Thank you for all kinds of asstance and have a wonderful day/evening.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:36 10 Jun 08

Buy a memory stick and you can copy as many times as you like. This one (4Gb) for £9.66 is the one I use....click here

Discs are so 20th century ;-)

G

Totally-braindead 20:45 10 Jun 08

A memory stick is safer than a CDRW or DVDRW which is what the disks are called. In my opinion of course. I no longer use RW (rewriteable) disks as I found a short time later they were corrupt sometimes and just could not be read.

freaky 20:57 10 Jun 08

I think both GANDALF <|:-)> and Totally-braindead have made a very good point here.

Regarding Memory Sticks, I did read somewhere you should never Defrag one ?

skidzy 21:09 10 Jun 08

Hi Ronald

Just a pointer and may depend on what version of Sage is being used.

I recently had a computer sent to me that was having problems with Sage backups.

Cutting a long story short-the backup could not be viewed/explored,only restored within sage.

So my point is; if you decide to create the backup on cd or flashdrive,and depending on what version you are using....its only able to restore not viewable.

ronalddonald 12:08 11 Jun 08

GANDALF <|:-)>, Totally-braindead, freaky and skidzy for your advice and help. Thanks guys and have a wonderful day and a brilliant week.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…