making a back up of data on cd

ronalddonald 20:18 10 Jun 08

Hi and hello.

Could someone out there tell me what type of disc do need to make a back up disc for sage and word that i can rewrite over when i mak echanges to the data.

Thank you for all kinds of asstance and have a wonderful day/evening.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:36 10 Jun 08

Buy a memory stick and you can copy as many times as you like. This one (4Gb) for £9.66 is the one I use....click here

Discs are so 20th century ;-)

G

Totally-braindead 20:45 10 Jun 08

A memory stick is safer than a CDRW or DVDRW which is what the disks are called. In my opinion of course. I no longer use RW (rewriteable) disks as I found a short time later they were corrupt sometimes and just could not be read.

freaky 20:57 10 Jun 08

I think both GANDALF <|:-)> and Totally-braindead have made a very good point here.

Regarding Memory Sticks, I did read somewhere you should never Defrag one ?

skidzy 21:09 10 Jun 08

Hi Ronald

Just a pointer and may depend on what version of Sage is being used.

I recently had a computer sent to me that was having problems with Sage backups.

Cutting a long story short-the backup could not be viewed/explored,only restored within sage.

So my point is; if you decide to create the backup on cd or flashdrive,and depending on what version you are using....its only able to restore not viewable.

ronalddonald 12:08 11 Jun 08

GANDALF <|:-)>, Totally-braindead, freaky and skidzy for your advice and help. Thanks guys and have a wonderful day and a brilliant week.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5