MAKE A XP CD

David4637 17:04 23 Mar 05

My IE wont show the Favorites, its greyed out and shows no favorites stored in the left hand panel. My fault for moving it to another drive, obviously got deleted/corrupt. I have to use a factory restore CD, but this would put the PC back to square one. Tried loading XP SP2 update CD to repair it (did a registry edit to allow IE update only) but NO joy. I would like to make an XP CD to run a repair by over installing.
How do I make a CD from the i386 folder, and make it a bootable CD
Thanks
David

mattyc_92 17:14 23 Mar 05

Don't think you can....

BUT, you couls just create another user account and copy and paste all your files to that account.... This new account's favourites should be alright.... Then just remove your old account...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:30 23 Mar 05
  David4637 21:44 23 Mar 05

Thanks for your encouraging ideas, will give them ago and report back. Thanks David

David4637 17:11 24 Mar 05

You are brilliant with that suggestion. Created a new Admin user account and that gave me a new IE with a Favorites panel.Can I drag the saved favorites from another on to the Favorites folder and expect them to appear in the favorites panel or do I have to input them one at a time and save them using IE?
Thanks again David

David4637 14:20 25 Mar 05

F5

2020 16:14 25 Mar 05

save 4 later

Yoda Knight 16:23 25 Mar 05

drag them over should work

David4637 15:44 26 Mar 05

I dragged them from the C: drive to the D: and I got a copy. The problem is that the C: favorites get updated with new ones, but the D: favorites are not updated.

What procedure should I use to MOVE the favorites from C: to D: ? Thanks David

David4637 14:07 27 Mar 05

I dragged the Favorite folder from C: to D: drive and it copied them rather than moved them. Hence new favorites are added to the C rather than the D:? Obviously I need a move option which is not there, any ideas?
Thanks David

georgemac © 14:39 27 Mar 05

export the favorites then import (file export and import option in IE)?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…