Make a template smaller

Ms Bear 12:57 30 May 08

Dear All

I have created Word document templates for letterheads etc and they are very large due to the logo. I have made the logo as low resolution as possible but they are still over 1000 KB. Any suggestions bow to make them smaller.

regards

Ms Bear

Taff™ 17:33 30 May 08

click here Irfanview will resize images for you. You may need to experiment so you don`t lose the image resolution so keep a backup of the original. I usually rename files (Save As) and add "LR" to the file name. (Low Resolution)

Ms Bear 17:27 10 Jun 08

Hi everyone

My Word Template document will not allow me to have a logo on just the front page. I have tried with a page break but I don't seem to be able to find the icon which allows the changing of headers and footers.

Gail

Taff™ 10:14 11 Jun 08

Did Irfanview solve your first problem?

In Word you open a new blank document. Immediately put in enough carriage returns to go to page 2. Open View>Header and Footer and click in the header on the second page. (Important) On the toolbar open Page Settings. Select the tick box “Different First Page”. Now go down to the second page footer and enter your second (and subsequent) pages footer – “Page X of Y” for example. Close Header & Footer View.

Go back to the first page and open View> Header & Footer again. Click into the Header, Note that it is now labelled “First Page Header” – Insert your logo. Go to the footer and insert the footer logo.

If you scroll down the page you`ll see that the header and footers are now labelled “First Page Footer” – “Header” & “Footer” on the second page.

This is Microsoft for you! Everything has to be done back to front starting with the second page and then going backwards.

Now remove all the carriage returns, save the document and then try this. If you fill up page one and go on to the second page continuation it works as you wanted. If you force a page break. i.e. Insert>Break and select Section Break>New Page you get another page one style with Logo in the header. Neat or what? That means that if you need to copy and paste information into your second page that might be printed off and distributed separately from the first page (A notice or terms and conditions for example) – you have a choice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now