Make taskbar smaller

birdface 09:45 30 Oct 06

Is there any way of making Taskbar a bit smaller, It is about 15mm I hope thats right,{just over half inch ]Giving my age away,]I think it would look a bit better,Can it be done.

anskyber 09:50 30 Oct 06
  johnnyrocker 09:50 30 Oct 06

have you tried dragging it down?

johnny.

Technotiger 09:50 30 Oct 06

HI, right-click on taskbar, untick Lock Taskbar, then hover mouse over edge of taskbar to see double-headed arrow, hold down left mouse button and drag bar up or down to suit. Then re-lock Taskbar.

Cheers

birdface 10:58 30 Oct 06

No,Afraid none of those options worked, Maybe it is supposed to be this size, Just think it could be a bit smaller.

VoG II 11:02 30 Oct 06

Try click here Restore to XP default.

anskyber 11:11 30 Oct 06

Are you screen settings non native giving a larger task bar?

birdface 12:14 30 Oct 06

Hi Vog, Got other problem at the moment,Will try yours later,

birdface 19:31 30 Oct 06

Hi Vog, Tried that,Just the same,I suppose it is the normal size for a taskbar,But I have seen one a lot slimmer on someone else's computer,But cant remember who it was,Maybe they were on XP Pro, Im only on Home Edition,Will leave this on here for another 24 hours,to see if there are any more suggestions,

anskyber 19:33 30 Oct 06

Can you give us a screenshot?

roy 19:51 30 Oct 06

Not sure if this is your problem or not but first right click on your toolbar and make sure that there is no tick next to 'Lock the Taskbar'. If there is then left click it to unlock.
Then hover the arrow over the top edge of the toolbar until a small double ended arrow appears. Hold down the left mouse button and drag the edge of your toolbar down. I hope this is what you need.
Roy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…