make small .mov clips into one long film-how?

dagbladet 11:05 15 Apr 04

I've taken a load of short film clips using my Minolta X20. I have down loaded them onto my PC. I can loopk at them by clicking individually but I would like to put together a sequence. I have power DVD, WMP, real player, and Quick time. At the mo when I d'click on a clip it is run through Quicktime, all the others give me an 'invalid format' type message. They are .mov files. Any ideas please?

dagbladet 11:06 15 Apr 04

sorry double-post

TomJerry 11:26 15 Apr 04

you need a video editing program which can handle .mov file. If you us XP, you can download movie maker from MS web site. It is quite good for editing simple video/moving, but I am not sure is it can handle .mov files.

dagbladet 12:44 15 Apr 04

bump

GroupFC 13:41 15 Apr 04

I was going to suggest moviemaker but I have just checked and it doesn't support .mov files.
These are the files that are supported:-

Video files. .asf, .avi, .wmv
Movie files .mpeg, .mpg, .m1v, .mp2, .mpa, .mpe
Audio files wav, .snd, .au, .aif, .aifc, .aiff, .wma, .mp3
Windows Media files. .asf, .wm, .wma, .wmv
Still images .bmp, .jpg, .jpeg, .jpe, .jfif, .gif, .dib
Sorry, dagbladet I don't know what to suggest for your question (I don't have any .mov files so don't know what to use!).

christmascracker 13:49 15 Apr 04

You can convert mov files to avi files with this neat little programme. Rad video tools

click here

Legolas 14:02 15 Apr 04

dagbladet Once you have converted your .mov files to .avi you can import them to WMM and combine them into one movie click here for the latest version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…