Make OS copy other OS's drivers

neko 14:27 29 Aug 04

Hey all

I have two Operating systems (XP) on two Hard Drives in the same machine.

One has all the latest drivers on and the other only has the ones that Windows Update had.

Is there a way to make the operating sytem look for the drivers on the other Operating sysem and install them.

Or can I copy the drivers and then put them on the HD where it will spot them.

Bet I have to download them on my 56k!!

Cheers Phil

sazza 19:19 29 Aug 04

You could download driverGuide Toolkit from
click here
Install it in the XP environment with all the drivers you want to save and then save them.

Once done, boot to the other copy of XP and ise device manager to reinstall the drivers for your devices using these saved copies.

The download is just under 4MB so wil take a little while to download but it's got to be quicker than downloading the individual drivers.

This is a trial copy of the software bur hey, you're only going to need it once.

It goes without saying, create a restore point before installing the new drivers, just in case

neko 10:25 30 Aug 04

Thanks for responding.

I have actually tried exactly what you said!

I copied the saved folder of drivers to the other OS and made device manager look at it for the drivers. It excepts and starts loading them but on everyone I try it comes back and says something is missing. (always something different)
Any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…