Make Office 2003 works like Office 2000?

JerryJay 10:22 12 Mar 04

Is it possible to make Office 2003 works like Office 2000?

I like some functions in Office 2003, e.g. Embed TrueType Fonts (I use some special fonts which not many people installed), format protection (the document will be looked the same on my machine as well as other people) and "docuement integrity protection" (other people can read it but not change it).

However, GUI and the way of interaction with 2003 are not samething I want. Basically, it is too clever for me. I like the way of 2000 in which I can decide the structure of my docuement. Onc of most critical problem which prevent me to switch to 2003 completly is the copy and paste function in powerpoint 2003, I ask in here, but no solution yet click here.

To restate my difficult, my slide in powerpoint does not follow standard structure which powerpoint 2003 forces on users. Each of my slides may have several objects, some Equations (generated by MS Equation editor or Mathtype) one or two graph from MS Visio. In PP 2000, I just Copy and Paste if I need to duplicate a object and modify it later. But I cannot do it with PP2003, the object do not copy properly (size changed) and the whole slide rearranged (possibly follow standard slide structure). I can do it use Paste Special and select correct object type to paste, but this could waste a lot of time if I do it regularly which I do.

What I need is some kind of switch (setting change) to make Office 2003 either work as Ofiice 2000 way (such as classic view in Win EXplorer) and Office 2003 way (fancy way, but not really functional for me).

Any help will be appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…