make a mp3 file smaller ?

Magik ®© 15:54 05 Feb 05

hi, is there a way if making a mp3 smaller, i have tried winrar and winzip, I realize they do the same thing, but i want to get it under 5mb,so i can email it...

thanks.

mattyc_92 15:58 05 Feb 05

Just open it up in a Audio editor program and save it as another mp3 file, but change the bit variable to something like 192 and that should "compress" it so that it is under 5 megs..

Magik ®© 16:00 05 Feb 05

nice one thanks, i will go and try it now...

mattyc_92 17:14 05 Feb 05

Any look on this subject??

Magik ®© 17:20 05 Feb 05

been trying since your post, had no luck so far, i have music match jukebox, adaptec roxio cd maker, and nero reloaded.. it could be because i do not know what i am doing...but i will get there...

VideoSentry 17:33 05 Feb 05

Can you ( and the person you are sending the file too) use WMA? It is slightly smaller that MP3.

ACOLYTE 17:39 05 Feb 05

Try this click here load it up and and run the converter (looks like a speaker)
will most probably put the short cut on you desktop,click this and a boix opens so you can find your file,MP3 in your case select it another box opens with options what to do with it
to make it smaller move the slider to the left and hit convert job done.

Magik ®© 17:41 05 Feb 05

this is what started it.....

Posted by magik on 01/02/2005 Reply
Rod and Amy
at last found the software to get the audio off the dvd, I now have the track on a CD to play in the car, in fact i have it on a loop so when the track with amy and rod is finshed it starts again..........what an ace track. well done AMY....................

Posted by Boyce on 04/02/2005 Reply
"I dont want to talk about it" with Rod & Amy
I'd love a copy of this if you are able to email it - I've been trying to get it since I saw the show on TV [email protected]

Posted by magik on 05/02/2005 Reply
amy
sent it, and it has come back,saying the file is to big.......

emmandelo1 22:11 05 Feb 05

Magik ®©, if you have MusicMatch Jukebox you can convert the MP3 to MP3pro which will as good as half the size of the file. I have loads of MP3's and they are all converted to MP3pro to save disk space. I have never had any problem burning MP3pro's to CD or even copying onto my Nomad 3 MP3 player. Open MMJB, click on file and then on convert file. Select the file you wish to convert and then adjust to the bitrate you want. I use MP3pro bitrate 64. It is the same as MP3 bitrate 128. No loss of quality (or at least as far as I can tell) It seems that anything that will play MP3's will play MP3pro's.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…