make a java game, need advice

square eyes 06:46 06 Dec 06

Hi,
Had a look around and as usual end up coming here for help :)
I don't know if i'm talking java, flash or macromedia or just simply out of my rear.

You know those quick games you can play on the net, eg: "swat the flies" where you use the mouse?

I really really want to know how to make my own game for fun.
I have a picture and quite a few sound affects and would like to make a game where i can have a moving picture upon a background picture and use the mouse to interact with it at the same time playing my own sound affects. I specifically want the cursor as a boxing glove which then makes a punching sound affect when button is pressed but im sure i can find that on the net somewhere, i just need the software to do it.
Are we talking 100's of pounds?

Hope you can understand what im trying to get at, it's also for a very good cause.

Thanks very much for your suggestions.

stephen0205 11:36 06 Dec 06

hi square eyes you could use flash or java to vreate a game but flash is much easier. Jave is a programming code.Id say make it in flash the only thing you would have to look up is how to link buttons and changing the icon. here is a link to a first time gamer tutorial....use that to pick up stuff and be creative.

click here

square eyes 03:11 07 Dec 06

Thanks Steven,

Im looking into it now, was just hoping to find a program that allows you to edit and add your stuff and not in the form of a web page but an executable file.

I'l post here and let u know i get on, failing that, is there somewhere i could pay someone to do it for me?

Thanks

Square eyes

stephen0205 17:07 09 Dec 06

i dont know .. there proobably is someone that you could pay to do it. Try a forum. try this one click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac