Make iTunes Default Player?

Rabi 01:34 15 Jun 06

I have iTunes Version 6, running on my PC with Windows XP Pro.

When I load an Audio CD, the dialog box that opens, giving me various options/programmes to play the Audio CD, does not show iTunes listed. When I click on cancel, and manually click on the iTunes desktop shortcut, the CD is listed and plays with no problem.

Why isn't iTunes showing in my list of Audio-play software ( I have MusicMatch, Power DVD, etc, all appearing in the list).

How can I make iTunes my default audio file player??

Thanks!

strech 08:20 15 Jun 06

it was a good one that took me a bit of time to solve it this is how i got to do it
if you exsplore the cd first the right click
the music file and open with i tunes then tick
box always use this program

Rabi 23:12 17 Jun 06

Thank you, Stretch,

But the problem is that when I right click on the DVD-Player, or when the pop-up box comes up asking what action to take, there is no iTunes listed, though it is installed and working fine when I call it up manually.

rdave13 23:23 17 Jun 06

Click start > set progs access and default >> custom >>scroll to >> Choose a default media player.

Templar1961 16:23 29 Aug 06

I would like iTunes as my default media player but PowerCinema 4.0 keeps taking over.

I followed the steps Rdave13 gave (PowerCinema 4.0 wasn't even in the list of options!) and selected iTunes yet when I insert a CD PowerCinema opens?

Any suggestion as to what could fix this (aside from uninstalling PowerCinema)?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…