to make a DVD ???

Magik ®© 14:20 29 Nov 04

hi all, on this i am totally lost, i have after a lot of messing about got a short bit of film onto the HDD, when i click it it plays in windows media player, in properties it says....movie file [mpeg]. I have ULEAD dvd movie factory, but having read the manual, i still can not make a dvd, i open ULEAD, find the clip, which i put in a folder, but it does not come up, the folder does but not the contents..

been trying since first light, and have got nowhere...any one like to hazard a guess where i am going wrong..........thanks...

i will take it one step at a time..

mattyc_92 14:33 29 Nov 04

Try using Nero 6. You can have a full working trial version by downloading this product.... click here for this product. You may also want to install some of the "powerpacks" that will help you create a DVD Menu and that crap alot easier

Spanglish 14:34 29 Nov 04

Though not used to ULEAD, it sounds like the file type is not being recognised by ULEAD, does the instructions say that it it can read all MPEG's?
How did you get the video onto the machine?i.e. giving us an idea of what format it is in.

Magik ®© 14:56 29 Nov 04

I used a lifeview cardbus, "a tv and video" capture card that goes into the pcmcia slot on the laptop, and captured the film from the connected VHS recorder..the ULEAD dvd movie maker came with the card..if i click preperties on the film clip it says "mpeg"

not much help, am i ? :-(

john-232317 15:25 29 Nov 04

How are you capturing the video ?

You can capture it straight to movie factory from a digicam corder or digicamera.

Magik ®© 15:35 29 Nov 04

hi, i transferred it from a video recorder onto the hard disk drive in the laptop...

john-232317 15:35 29 Nov 04

Sorry misread you capture bit..

"DVD MovieFactory allows you to add video files of different formats such as AVI, MPEG, and, WMV into your video project.
To add a video file to your project:
1. Click Add Video in the Add/Edit Media page to launch the Open Video File dialog box.

2. Locate the video file(s). You can select and add multiple files under the same folder. Press [Ctrl] or [Shift] to select multiple files.

3. Repeat the above process to add more video files."

I have just done this ok...perhaps your file is dodgy ?

john-232317 16:15 29 Nov 04

Can you capture it as an avi or wmv file with your card,maybe they will work.

When you locate your folder, make sure in files of type "all formats" is highlighted.

When the various files are in and you have finished making your movie video factory has to convert the files to mpeg2 before it can burn them onto DVD disc.

john-232317 16:22 29 Nov 04

When you click on the capture movie icon in Make Movie, is your card or vcr, "make sure its on" in the source window, if it is the capture mode is in the window just below it. Then you should be able to capture from there.

Magik ®© 16:39 29 Nov 04

hi,i am beginning to think it has a fault, when i click "add video" it comes up in the box, it stays for a couple of seconds, then goes to the screen, which is there when you open the programme...

john-232317 20:12 29 Nov 04

Yeah that is where it should go, From there you can play it. If you want to edit it click the enhance video button on the left hand side. There you can add transitions etc. Then click next and do titles etc, then it goes onto the burn part.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…