Make desktop act like wab page in XP

sellewe 21:57 07 Oct 03

Can anyone please advise how to make the desktop act like a web page in Windows XP Home edition? This was possible in Windows 98se and I thought it was also available in XP but I don't seem to be able to find this. Thanks.

mark500 22:14 07 Oct 03

Right click on the desktop.Go to 'Properties'. Click on the 'Desktop' tab click 'Customize Desktop' and then on the 'Web' tag.Read through the options and see if this is what you want

kingkenny 22:59 07 Oct 03

Can I ask why would anyone want that?

It looks silly.

sellewe 19:01 08 Oct 03

Thanks for your suggestion Mark500 but that is not what I am looking for at this time.
kingkenny, what I want to do is make the desktop respond to just a single left click instead of a double click. (Just as you do in a web page)
I would appreciate any other suggestions.

christmascracker 19:05 08 Oct 03

control panel/folder options/put the dot in "single click to open an item"

R4 19:15 08 Oct 03

is there a way to set your 'folder options' in xp like you can in Win 98 ?

if so you should be able to set 'one' or 'two' clicks to open an item which is what you appear to want

sellewe 19:24 08 Oct 03

Thanks, christmascracker, that solved the problem and I would never have thought to find it there.

christmascracker 19:24 08 Oct 03

Your welcome

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…