Majority prefer silver monitors to black - really?

Ivor_Monkey 16:32 28 Dec 05

I'm interested in buying the balck version of the new Viewsonic 17inch monitor.

click here
But there is a problem.

According to viewsonic, they will not be supplying Europe with the black versions of the monitor on the grounds that the majority of Europeans prefer the silver version. The black version will be available in the US, so if you want a similar monitor and live in Europe, you'll have to do with the older (inferior?) model from viewsonic VP171b.

Am I the only one who finds this odd. I'm in Europe and I definitely prefer a black monitor to a beige or silver one, but perhaps I'm in a minority. But then again Dell now only supplies black monitors, so if I'm in a minority, it is likely to be a large one.

So, here is my chance for a straw poll to convince viewsonic to revise their policy.

Anyone else prefer black monitors, specs being equal?

Tick Tock 1 16:50 28 Dec 05

I prefer black as well but some viewsonics are
qouted as black on silver like evesham and
brijade.co.uk they give a image as well.

amonra 17:51 28 Dec 05

Paint is cheap !

seventiesdolly 18:00 28 Dec 05

ooh, nice pc - alas I too prefer nice, spangly silver!

Diemmess 18:01 28 Dec 05

But masking the screen isn't easy.

Seriously you don't have a choice in the cut-throat market,in a case like this.
Either you buy the monitor you want or the colour you want. I'm settling for beige beacuse

I don't want to change, and I misguidedly bought inclusive speakers which are no better than tin cans and a piece of string.

The screen though is superb.

watchful 18:30 28 Dec 05

I prefer black.

PC Bilbo 18:56 28 Dec 05

I have a 17" all black monitor (Sony).

The truth is most of the brand names with very few exceptions are made in a relatively small number of factories (like GNR for example) who badge them with the brand name.

Try looking for the same spec under a different brand who may have a different market approach.

Forum Editor 20:07 28 Dec 05

that you'll have the slightest chance of getting Viewsonic to change their European marketing policy on the basis of a few responses in a web forum.

Their policy results from extensive market feedback, and if they say that the majority of Europeans prefer silver screens you can be sure that they're right.

007al 20:17 28 Dec 05

There you go click here

SG Atlantis® 20:23 28 Dec 05

silver is better easier on the eye, less contrast against the bright screen.

woodchip 20:28 28 Dec 05

Check this out click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…