MAJOR wininet.dll problems....

Sir Radfordin 23:43 18 Dec 03

XP is no longer the best OS I've ever used. Its evil...

Right, now we understand each other!

For some reason IE decided it wasn't going to open up any windows and let me surf the next. Have tried everything I can think off (SFC, System Restore etc all via the command prompt!) but no sucess. Oddly when I log on to a 'test' account that I set up a week or so ago that only has limited access IE works just fine.

In the event viewer get faulting module wininet.dll, version 6.0.2800.1106, fault address 0x0000c5ac.

Have trawelled google for assistance and can't find anything that acutally fixes the problem so I thought I'd seek some help from you wise people.

Mozilla is working just fine though so I can at least post this problem!

Any ideas?

Gandalph 00:41 19 Dec 03

As I have said in previous posts on this Forum, I can't stand the sight of XP never mind the use of it. My advice is get rid of it and go back to Win 98SE. In my opinion it's still the best OS that I have used, and I've been around computers since 1978, I can count on one hand the number of BSOD's I've had since I started using 98SE. I know other Forum members will say XP is the best thing since sliced bread, but, XP is a load of cods-wallop.That's my opinion.

Sir Radfordin 00:47 19 Dec 03

A post on a par for helpfulness as one of your namesakes.

XP is actually very good 99% of the time, even this won't get me back to putting Win98 on my main PC.

Sir Radfordin 02:10 19 Dec 03

By fluke earlier this week I'd ghosted over my old drive to a new one, but kept the old one as a temp. backup. Copied a few files around the place did some backups and then ghosted the earlier image back onto the drive. That has at least fixed the problem for now. Hopefully nothing else will change!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…