Major Tiscali Broadband Problem – no web access

tel..8 17:52 28 Feb 08

I have had no broadband connection for over 4 weeks, numerous calls to Tiscali and a BT line check has failed to fix the problem. The BT check confirms there is not a line problem and the fault is with Tiscali.

I have been put on to the high level complaints department, they initially sounded as though they would get the problem fixed however over the last few days they have failed to answer phone calls to their direct line and have failed to call back.

One employee eventually admitted the fault is common, it is being worked however they don’t know how long it will take to get a resolution.

I have now spent a considerable time and money on the phone to their help desk / high level complaints advisors without success – has anyone managed to get the monthly charge and phone call costs reimbursed?

I am not impressed with Tiscali and will be moving ISP.

MAJ 19:12 28 Feb 08

Yes it's true that Tiscali have turned into one of the crappiest ISPs around and what you have suffered is about the same as many of their subscribers on their 8Mbit connection. I have seen on their forums click here that some users have been reimbursed with some money for their trouble but it hasn't been much if I remember correctly. The "MKs" on the Tiscali forums have little power but they can put your case if they feel like it, but you do have to go through the mill before getting any results. Give it a go anyway, you never know. Good Luck.

PS. I would (and did) get my MAC number and move ISP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac