Major problems since SP 2 install

hssutton 21:57 21 Sep 04

Installed SP 2 from Microsoft CD-Rom Thursday , all appeared to be OK.

On Saturday evening a warning window popped up informing me that due to major hardware changes I would have to re-activate XP-Pro within 3 days. (No changes had been made).

clicked on the “reactivate widows”, but now my broadband connection was not working. After a lot of head scratching and carrying out basic checks, I went to Device Manager, only to find a blank window.

Decided to restart windows, on restart I was informed that windows must be reactivated immediately, no modem working, so windows would not install, leaving me no option but to phone Microsoft to re- activated windows, but due to many other problems decided to use the cd-rom repair facility, all was ok, but had to reactivate on-line. Reinstalled SP 2

Tonight, exactly the same happened, but as yet have not installed SP 2.

Would welcome any advice on this matter.

john-232317 22:00 21 Sep 04

Try going up a forum, you might get faster help..

LastChip 22:18 21 Sep 04

What motherboard and processor are you using?

hssutton 22:41 21 Sep 04

Motherboard MSI K7N2 CPU Athlon XP 2400

Will check SP 2 forum

LastChip 22:51 21 Sep 04

The issues that came to mind refer to Intel "Prescott" chips. - Sorry!

hssutton 23:04 21 Sep 04

Have moved this thread to the SP 2 forum.

Many thanks

hssutton 23:44 21 Sep 04

Macafee Stinger has just found this virus W32/netsky.p.eml!.exe. could this have been the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…