major problems following modem failure

number69 21:56 17 Apr 04

Windows XP Tiscali Broadband.
The computer failed to start on Thursday morning. After unplugging all the usb devices it was found that if the Thompson speedtouch 330 broadband modem was left disconnected then the system would start up and work. To confirm the problem I connected it to my old machine that runs Windows ME this machine then also failed to start up. After many hours trying to get help from Tiscalis useless technical support I went out and bought a replacement ADSL pci modem. This states that is connected to the line and displays the length of time it is connected.But I cant get it to connect to Tiscali. Can anyone help on how to set it up. All isp discs appear to be for dial up only

VoG II 23:32 17 Apr 04

Confused!

The connection is via a USB port?

Can you please spell this all out - I for one am pretty thick.

Cesar 09:45 19 Apr 04

"I for one am pretty thick"
"And the Moon turned to Green cheese"

temp003 10:30 19 Apr 04

Presumably the USB external broadband modem was originally supplied by Tiscali? Difficult to make suggestions as I don't know how the installed Tiscali software interacts with the new internal modem. You may have to contact Tiscali again.

Here's a page for using "non-Tiscali supplied router/modem click here but it doesn't look a lot of help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…