Major problems after windows update

Hetti 13:28 14 Mar 08

After win update I cannot run Superantspyware, CCleaner or Comodo firewall, when try to run them I get the message ....
windows cannot access the specified device,path, or file, you may not have permission to use item.
I did also run Comodo firewall brfore the problem and there was a

;large number of items awaiting my attention:

I placed these in one of the folder options that Comodo offered,but as I cannot open Comodo I cannot find the name of the folder I chose (but I did not delete them).

Im not sure which action has caused the problems, but I have spent all day yestrday tring to find solotion, but to be honest the Micosoft help pages were not clear enough for me to understand.
I run win XP sp2
IE 6

PO79 13:31 14 Mar 08

I suggest the easiest solution would be to uninstall and reinstall the apps concerned.

birdface 13:35 14 Mar 08

Or system restore.

Hetti 13:54 14 Mar 08

I have tried both suggestions with various problems there too.
System restore will not let me do a restore for any other time but yesterday, that dd not help.
When I try to un/reinstall I get as far as download/run then I get the message :this software is already installed do you want to uninstall it? I click OK then NOTHING at all happens, still cannot use the programme. Dont know if it helps anyone looking at this post but just found out JAVA will not work eithier.
I have an exteranl hard drive with backup on, do you thing it may be a win reinstall?

Hetti 14:05 14 Mar 08

I just recieved the following message after trying to do system restore.

Technical Information
How to Troubleshoot Hardware and Software Driver Problems in Windows XP (Q322205)

Problem caused by Device Driver

You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.

More information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem report summary

Problem type
Windows stop error (a message appears on a blue screen with error code information)

Solution available?
No

What does this problem mean?
Windows has encountered a problem it cannot recover from and it needs to be restarted

Cause
Unknown

Computer symptoms
A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)

Additional steps for you to take
Please continue to send problem reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hetti 16:28 14 Mar 08

Hi Guys
I did a restore from my seagate external hard drive all seems OK at the moment.

Thanks for suggetions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…