Major problem forces questions, can you assist?

hi all,

Spec - Gigabyte GA7 NNXP with Athlon XP2600 (333) and 1024Mb PC 2700 Ram.

Had various BSOD's and error reporting suggested a driver proble, so I have been going through and updating drivers. All fine until the geforce graphics driver (OK, I admit, I did not remove the old ones first).

System will go through the boot process and then hang on the windows XP screen....and stays there!! No further boot possible.

Also, I literally "blew up" my spare hard drive (did not turn the power off when plugging in the supply and fried a chip) - Luckily (at the time) I had all my data safe on the main drive, however, now I cant get to various files that I need. (I have now installed a new hard drive and reinstalled XP etc).

my questions -

Where does Outlook (Not OE) store the data files? Can anyone post a path to them so that I can copy and paste into the new outlook? I dont have a bang up to date (about three days worth) back up and could do with the latest emails.

Has anyone any idea how to disable or remove the graphics card drives from explorer? I have set the old drive as slave in the new installation and this is the only way I can access it to try to repair it (I have also tried the XP repair console and also reinstall XP over the current installation, leaving the data intact).

Any ideas and help as always, much appreciated.

Jester2K II 16:24 08 Aug 03

Outlook - on my PC its C:\Documents and Settings\MyName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

Use Detonator RIP click here to get rid of NVidia Drivers.

Jester2K II 16:25 08 Aug 03

Oh and Detonator RIP works too... Used it couple of times myself....

Jester2K II 16:26 08 Aug 03

click here

Outlook 2002/2000 Add-in: Personal Folders Backup

Backing up your Microsoft Outlook® information is quicker and easier with the Personal Folders Backup feature. Personal Folders Backup creates backup copies of your .PST files at regular intervals, making it easy to keep all of your Outlook folders safely backed up.
With Personal Folders Backup, you can choose which of your .PST files you wish to back up, and how often you wish to back them up.

Each .PST file contains all of your Outlook folders, including the Inbox, Calendar, and Contacts. You can have a single .PST file (usually called "Internet Folders" or "Personal Folders" in your Folder List), but you might also have an additional .PST file that you use for archiving ("Archiving Folders"). Personal Folders Backup lets you back up any or all of these .PST files.

Thanks Jester,

The problem is, can I use the Detonator RIP from Windows explorer on what is now the "main" C drive to remove the drivers from a windows installation on the E drive?,

Thanks for the backup link, have used it many times in the past but I am using Office 11 (2003) beta and did not install it!!!!

Jester2K II 16:47 08 Aug 03

Ah - nope. You can only use it in the "live" drive.

You could use it in Safe Mode - if you can boot to Safe Mode that is...

Chegs ® 16:50 08 Aug 03

I dont recollect the Detonator RIP has the facilty to be "TOLD" where to remove the driver from,I seem to think it was simply click on the exe and off it goes.

This is very strange....

I had given up hope on the "Old" drive and reinstalled onto a new one. However, in "Playing" I tried booting with the drive set to slave. It worked BUT I now cannot get into any office application, it simply states that "The application failed to initialze properly, Click OK to terminate".

now, I have tried to repair office, I have even tried to reinstall office but it is not having any of it at all.

Also, I have now lost sound and have reverted to the system speaker (it is Nvidia chipset so I am sure this have someting to do with the whole graphice problem). Still, all data (apart from emails) now secure!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…