MAJOR LIMWIRE AND FILE-SHARING ERROR PLZ HELP

cool5566 22:16 29 Aug 06

plz help me i downloaded limwire once it was fun at the starting but after a while every time i ran limewire or a file-sharing program my computer restarts ive tried scanning for viruses and spyware but it doesnt help me plz help me

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:28 29 Aug 06

Simple, dump Limewire and pay for your music. It has more viruses than the UK in a flu epidemic.

G

johnnyrocker 22:29 29 Aug 06

os? and any other actions taken which could be a cause? if xp what about system restore to before?
what av do you have and is it up to date?

johnny.

dangerusone 22:31 29 Aug 06

It looks as though you have some kind of infection,a major problem when using downloading sites.You must have good security before using these sites.Bri

cool5566 22:32 29 Aug 06

thnaks for trying to help me but i cant use system restore cause it doesnt hve a restore point before i installed limewire only after which is no use plz try and help me still

skidzy 22:40 29 Aug 06

Technically the act of using Limewire/Kazaa/Morpheus or any other P2P file sharing system IS PERFECTLY LEGAL. However, the act of sharing copyrighted music is what the authorities will prosecute for, as you are allowing other users to download something which they should pay for, for free.

The act of downloading music which is being shared by other users, is illegal, however the authorities will prosecute those who are sharing a "significant amount of music" - like drugs they will go after the DEALERS not the USERS.

Therefore i agree totally with GANDALF <|:-)>

If you are using Limewire and asking for help here at PCA....you will find help very limited,due to PCA rules.

'Cracks' or copyright infringement - we do not permit the posting of information that will enable other people to use pirated software or to evade the copyright laws. Please do not post serial numbers or CD keys, or links to sites that contain file-sharing software or such information.
From Forbidden territory: click here

skidzy 22:49 29 Aug 06

Try disabling System restore,Try and boot into safe mode,tapping f8 on startup and run your Antivirus.
Reboot and enable system restore...does this help ?

cool5566 22:57 29 Aug 06

ill try that skidzy thankls 4 the idea

Forum Editor 23:23 29 Aug 06

please don't use P2P software to download or share copyright-protected music or films - it's illegal, and we don't endorse the activity in any way.

If I see any posts that attempt to do anything other than help you to resolve your immediate problem I'll delete them.

DieSse 23:46 29 Aug 06

The following things keep me free from viruses, trojans, spyware and what you will. I recommend you to try them all

NOD32 anti-virus - a free 30 day trial - this will give you ample chance to clean your system up.

Adaware anti- spyware - a free download - update it to the latest set of definitions before you run it.

Spybot S&D anti- spyware - a free download - update to the latest set of definitions before you run it. ENSURE you set up the Immunisation facility - this stops a lot of malware from even getting in.

Kerio Firewall - this enables you to control what can talk to you system, and what can get from your system onto the web.

CyberHawk - guards against malware type activities, as a longstop against unknown types of threat.

Ensure that all Security Packs (2 & 2) and all subsequent updates to Win are downloaded and installed.

Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES download software via Limewire - if the software contains viruses etc, then you'll be letting them in past your protection , and they'll be tougher to clean out later.

I have cleaned up many a deranged system using this combination of products. At worst you may have to re-install WinXP if there are system files damaged beyond repair, or deleted etc.

DieSse 23:52 29 Aug 06

*It has more viruses than the UK in a flu epidemic.*

If by "It" you mean Limewire - then this is totally untrue.

If you mean that there is malware and viruses lurking in the shared files it may find - then that may be truer.

However, cool5566, the Forum Editors warning holds true - you should not be downloading copyrighted files in this or any other way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now