Major Driver Problem

seftonbarn 15:42 21 Mar 06

I am running XP SP2 all fully updated. When using device manager. I want to update drivers using the option to "install from a list or a specific location" and then click on the radio button that says "Don't search i will choose the driver to install" I then click next but always get "unable to find any drivers for this device". I get this for all hardware that is installed on my PC even though it is working fine. With my old PC the system finds the drivers. Could it be possibble that windows is not actually searching for the drivers???? Why????

surfmonkey #:@} 15:55 21 Mar 06

have you tryed the install drivers automatically windows may have its own set of drivers for the device , what are you installing and do you have the drivers for it on a disc

woodchip 16:01 21 Mar 06

Have you tied Browsing to where the Drivers are if on a Disc. the only way it can find drivers is if they are already on the hard drive what Windows it's self as loaded

Stuartli 16:36 21 Mar 06

In the Bios, ensure that PnP is Disabled - the opposite of what you would expect...:-)

In many cases, Windows XP's own drivers will be out of date (that includes the WindowsUpdate website in many instances!).

Rather than using Device Manager, have you tried updating drivers via the Add New Hardware wizard after uninstalling the device(s)?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac