Major display/boot-up onto desktop problems...

BeForU 17:25 25 Mar 04

Hello. It seems that I have major issues with my graphics card and its drivers themselves. Whenever I bootup my computer and wait for it to go onto the desktop, all i get is a blank screen and so I cant really do much besides reseting the computer and going to safe mode. From there, I have to uninstall my graphics card drivers and just use the generic windows version. Once I restart my computer, it manages to boot into the desktop fine. Anybody knows whats going on?

I currently use a ATI Radeon 9700 non-pro with/or did use 4.3 Catalyst drivers.

Just to note I've also tried older Catalysts yet still the same problem.

AndySD 17:43 25 Mar 04

Have you tried updating the MoBo drivers b4 installing the ATI ones?

BeForU 17:46 25 Mar 04

Yes ive reinstalled them and everything and still the same problem.

BeForU 17:54 25 Mar 04

I also like to point out that this problem started to occur when i took my computer apart to clean up everything inside the case. It used to boot into the desktop fine but now it just cant.

JerryJay 17:59 25 Mar 04

Only thing can think of is you forgot to connect something, card cannot get enough power.

BeForU 18:01 25 Mar 04

I doubt it is to do with the power otherwise I wouldnt be able to get onto the desktop still as Ive mentioned above. Its merely something to do with using the official ATI drivers that cause the problem but I just dont know why and what is causing it.

BeForU 20:45 25 Mar 04

No answers anyone? This is really bugging me and has certainly put my gaming on hold for a while.

gudgulf 20:56 25 Mar 04

The 9700 needs its own power connector from the main wiring loom,make sure the you have reconnected that--it is not just a driver issue.

The generic windows drivers only give basic graphics functions so will not require much power.

BeForU 20:58 25 Mar 04

Yup ive tried all my current molex connectors and still the same problem.

gudgulf 21:32 25 Mar 04

If you think the official ati drivers are the problem have you tried an alternative source such as omega click here

Also have you had a look in device manager to see if the card is showing any conflicts?

Try removing and reseating the graphics card.

BeForU 21:34 25 Mar 04

I'm going to try out the omega drivers to see if this solves anything. If not then I am going to be really peed off. I've already tried removing and reseating the graphics card yet no luck with that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…