Major crash from Thunderbird

kimtrnc 20 Mar 12

Normally have my emails downloaded to Thunderbird, from gmail account. Since the crash (and TB wiping out ALL my recent messages) I can't do that. TB has ignored my set up, which contained various categories, now disappeared.

It has also wiped out all my contacts in various folders, which I would like to have downloaded as soon as they hit gmail, (as has always previously happened).

Just to add to the general joy, all my contacts have gone, and I can't find work out how to download all contacts from Gmail to Tbird. Sure it is very easy, but I am (almost) 300 years old, and need some help, please!

robin_x 20 Mar 12

Thunderbird may have lost track of your old profile.

Have a look here and see if you can create new and point is at the old one.

Vista/W7 profiles should be in C:\Users\YourWindowsAccountName\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

Or click TB Help > Troubleshooting Info > Show Folder then go up a directory level.

Sorry I can't help with Gmail

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message