Maintaining button state in top frame when reload

Pocketdragon 17:40 07 Dec 05

I'm using Dreamweaver and building a website for the first time and am managing slowly to figure it out. I have created a page with two frames, one of which is the navigation bar. I notice that when I reload this frameset in my browser, the correct button status is not maintained. In other words, if I am on the home page, with the home button in the down state, when I reload the frameset in the browser, the navigation bar button no longer keeps the down state that reflects the page that is loaded into the content window of the frame

Note that this navigation bar was not created using the nav bar command in dreamweaver, rather assembled from an image sliced into separate buttons in fireworks.

HELP :(

Pocketdragon 18:24 07 Dec 05

I was wondering whether or not to go the frame route. I don't think it will be that difficult for me to reconstitute things as single pages ... but stay posted.

Pocketdragon 18:46 07 Dec 05

I chose to use frames (aside from wanting to understand how to implement them) on the presumption that changes to the navigation bar would be easier to implement if it wasn't duplicated on every single page ... any suggestions. I figure that I can put the page specific info and the navbar stuff in separate layers in fireworks, which should make changing them easier -- but are there or strategies or approaches to bear in mind. It's my first page, so there are gonna be changes.

harristweed 19:23 07 Dec 05

Put all of the navigation into a seperate file and include it in necessary pages.

Then when you need to change the menu you just change the included file once and hey presto....

Pocketdragon 22:20 07 Dec 05

I am going to follow the advice given and set things up without frames -- nevertheless I am wondering what the solution is to the original problem.

Harristweed, I'm setting up my query in response to your post as a separate thread.

THANKS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple