Mainpulate scanned text..

midnighter 11:42 19 Feb 10

Anyoneknow the best software/walkthrough for this?
Thanks

johndrew 12:08 19 Feb 10

If you have `scanned` in a document it will be saved as either an image (jpg) or a PDF document. To modify the content of either you will need to return it to a text document. Is this what you are trying to do?

If this is so you will need either some OCR software (I`m unaware of any freeware which will do this) or a program such as PDF2Word (free click here).

midnighter 12:27 19 Feb 10

Thanks for the advice. What I'm trying to do is take a pdf/word document and image and mainoulate them.Thanks for the advice on pdfs

mooly 12:40 19 Feb 10

Something like Abbyy Finereader OCR is often provided free with 3 in 1 printers... it was with my Epson, and may be available as freeware if you search for it. Was a freebie a few weeks back too with a mag.

It converts scanned text to a text documant you can work with.
click here

wiz-king 14:40 19 Feb 10

If you just want to put a picture in with the text in a word document - put you cursor where you want the picture, go to insert, picture, from file, then select your picture, insert. That will put in your picture, you can ther right-click on the picture, formate object, then the layout tab to set the position of the picture and the text wrapping.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…